Tasty cocoa-cola cake recipe
Soft gooey marshmallows unite with pecans and chocolate in this Southern-style cake. It's perfect for a party.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup cola
2 Tbsp .unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cupbuttermilk or sour milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups tiny marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup pastel-color tiny marshmallows (optional)
Recipe preparation directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. In large bowl, stir together flour and granulated sugar. Set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, combine butter, cola, and cocoa powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts. Pour over flour mixture. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in marshmallows. Pour into prepared baking pan.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
4. Spread Cocoa-Cola Frosting over cake. Sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows, if desired.
5. Cocoa-Cola Frosting: In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, beating until combined. Add 1/4 cup cola, beating until combined. Gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar until combined. If necessary, beat in enough additional cola, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting easy to spread.
As we believe that stylishly home often represented in a woman who care about home decors, delicious food recipes, and perfect beauty care recipes. So stylishly home brings you our hand selection of the best interior design, furniture decoration ideas, best food recipes, and effective beauty care recipes. Please Check our disclaimer Page.